Clicks & Cues 90 minutes
Beverly Hills every Thursday at 7pm
Set your dog up for success. Dogs being trained with a clicker are proven to learn up to 200% faster than dogs not being clicked. A precisely timed and applied click can shape desired behaviors and diminish the undesirable. During this workshop our trainers will work with you on perfecting your clicking skills to help build better communication, confidence and reliability.
Clickers and treats are included, though if you have a picky-pup we recommend for you to bring something irresistible to them.
- Learn the theory behind why we click.
- Gain skills to train your pet more effectively.
- Build a proper clicker foundation, complete with appropriate timing.
- Develop your dog’s ability to focus by honing their eye contact skills.
- Not have to carry treats with you everywhere you go.
Open to any non-reactive dog. If you’re unsure if your dog is ready for this class, feel free to schedule a complimentary assessment with one of our trainers.
Trick Centric 60 minutes
Single Class $40 | 3-Week Series $120
Beverly Hills, every Saturday at 9am
Our small classes allow more personalized attention and guidance to properly build your dog’s trick repertoire. Our trainers will work with you and your dog to determine which tricks are the best match for their individual interests, temperament and ability.
We meet once a week for 3 weeks and during each class you will learn the foundation, working components and day-to-day use of each trick. High-fives can build a shy dog’s confidence. Balancing treats can improve impulse control and toleration of frustration. After you’ve learned how to train tricks, the possibilities are endless.
Clickers and treats are included, though if you have a picky-pup we recommend to bring something irresistible with them.
- Enhance communication skills with your dog by breaking down language barriers.
- Increase your dog’s flexibility, balance and concentration.
- Release pent-up energy with mental stimulation designed to leave your pup tired out and enriched.
- Basic tricks such as Paw, Circle, and Drop It.
- Intermediate tricks such as Wave, Sit Pretty, Rollover.
- Advanced tricks such as Handstand, Limp, Tidy Up.
While Trick Centric is open to all dogs, a foundation of basic obedience is recommended to get the most out of class. If you’re unsure if your dog is ready for this class, feel free to schedule a complimentary assessment with one of our trainers.
Impulse Control 60 min
6-week course $240
Beverly Hills, every Sunday at 2pm
During this six-week concentrated course, we cover the fundamentals of impulse control. Meeting once a week and working at a manageable pace, we introduce theories and demonstrate the techniques so owners can learn how to teach and apply a specified command within the same class. Classes finish with a cool down for the dog and Q&A for the owner. Our trainers are there to assist with hands on and live demonstrations with certified dogs, to help owners stay motivated and on track.
- Basic training theories
- Positive reinforcement vs. negative
- Life rewards vs. food rewards
- Using the body and voice effectively and why it’s one of the most important training tools
- Problem solving and setting your dog up for success
- Handling distractions
- Sit/Stay – Teaching an automatic "stay" with your sit
- Leave It – Leave it alone and walk away
- Wait – Wait or slow down and look for direction
- Off – All four paws on the floor
- Release – Finishing the task but minding their manners
An evaluation of temperament by the instructing trainer to determine the dog’s sociability with other dogs on leash. Dogs must be 6 months or older and be up to date on all vaccinations.
Our Continuing Education series is designed for advanced learning, enrichment, and fun. Join a group class with other pet parents on various topics including dog training, health and wellness, and group activities. Check out our events calendar for all upcoming classes and workshops.
Before you come to class:
This class relies on 100% Positive Reinforcement, so if you have a picky pup we recommend bringing their favorite treats with you. (Skipping a meal doesn’t hurt either.)
Please call (310) 221-8644 to register for the group class of your choice.
Puppy Kindergarten by Karma Dog Training
8 Week Series $250.00
Beverly Hills, every Sunday at 9:30am, 11am, 12:30pm
Long Beach, every Saturday and Sunday at 10am
Karma Dog Training founder, Jeffrey Brian, has created a dynamic, 7-week, puppy kindergarten and off-leash socialization class. Over 10 hours of instruction is designed to give dog owners and their newest addition a head start making the most of the golden opportunity called "puppyhood". Ensuring your pup gets properly socialized is critical during this developmental stage. Taught in a state-of-the-art indoor training facility featuring climate controlled spacious rooms, immaculate parvo and distemper disinfected floors, the safety and comfort of your new puppy is our priority. Endorsed by veterinarians, groomers, Animal Control Officers and Doggie Daycare Professionals, we give unprecedented care and attention to each puppy, keeping classes small with only 8-10 puppies at a time.
Puppy Socialization Promotes:
- Obedience around other dogs
- Manners on and off the leash
- Social skills and confidence
In Puppy Kindergarten you will learn:
- Basic dog obedience with Karma Dog Training's 7 Requests for success (sit, stay, come, down, loose leash walking, leave it, go to your bed)
- Hand signals and voice cues, no harsh corrections
- The importanantance in bite inhibition skills
- Your role in your puppy's behavioral obstacles and how they originated
- How to overcome behavioral obstacles, turning potential negative experiences into positive healing opportunities
Puppies between the ages of 8 weeks and four-and-a-half months of age are welcomed. Karma Dog Training offers puppy owners a safe and supervised place to bring their not-yet-fully-vaccinated puppies to immediately begin the process of "safe socialization".
Please call to reserve your class, space is limited.
Karma Dog Training's Los Angeles puppy training and puppy socialization classes
(323) 533-9394 or (818) 383-5386